Lviv National Medical University
Lviv National Medical University
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (LNMU) is one of the oldest and biggest medical educational institutions in Ukraine. It is one of the leading medical universities of the IV level of accreditation. LNMU begins from the Medical Faculty of Lviv University, which was opened on November 16, 1784, according to the privilege of the Austrian emperor Josef II. In 2009 University celebrated its 225 anniversary.
Table of Contents
|DEGREE AWARDED||M.D. PHYSICIAN (UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM)|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||ENGLISH|
|LAST DATE TO APPLY
|30 AUGUST31 DECEMBER|
|01 SEPTEMBER01 JANUARY|
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (LNMU) is one of the oldest and biggest medical educational institutions in Ukraine. It is one of the leading medical universities of the IV level of accreditation. LNMU begins from the Medical Faculty of Lviv University, which was opened on November 16, 1784, according to the privilege of the Austrian emperor Joseph II. In 2009 University celebrated its 225 anniversary.
22 scientific schools actively function and develop in University: of obstetrics and gynecology, biochemical, hygienic, of infectious diseases, of history of medicine and pharmacy, microbiological, morphological, of neurology and neurosurgery, of oncology, of otorhinolaryngology, ophthalmological, of pathological anatomy and pathological physiology, pediatric, psychiatric, of dentistry, of internal diseases, pharmacological, physiological, of physiatry, of chemistry and pharmacy, of surgery.
On October 21, 1998, the University was granted the name of Danylo Halytsky, after the first king of Halychyna-Ukraine. On October 21, 2003, according to the decree of the President of Ukraine, the University conferred a degree of National. One of the best things about the university is that all of its departments are in one place. This ensures that the students do not have to travel a lot during the first three years or the non-clinical phase.
The degree awarded by Ternopil National Medical University is MD (Physician) which is equivalent to MBBS in India. The course duration for MBBS in Ukraine is 5.8 years. VNMU’s degree is recognized by MCI & WHO. The degree is also recognized by the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), US Education Department, and General Council Of Medicine of Great Britain.
The total duration of the course at Lviv National Medical University is 5.8 years, which is the same as all the other universities teaching MBBS in Ukraine.
The first 3 years are pre-clinical where 20% of the teaching is practical training and the rest is theoretical. After this, the students appear for KROK-1 and upon clearing it, the students move to the 4th year. The final 3 years is the clinical phase where all the classes will be held in different hospitals depending on the subjects being taught to the student at the point of time.
After completing the course, the student needs to clear KROK-2. Once this is done, the student will be awarded an MD Physician degree which is equivalent to MBBS in India. The student can then come back to India and sit for the licensing exam or go for the licensing exam of any other country.
Lviv National Medical University is recognized by the following:
- The Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Medical Board of California
- Education Ministry of Ukraine
This means that you can appear for the licensing exams in countries such as India, the USA, UK, etc., after graduating from LNMU.
Lviv National Medical University provides on and off-campus hostel facilities to Indian students. The university has many hostels under its wings which are both renovated and non-renovated. Hostel-8 is the renovated hostel but is located about 4-5 km away from the main campus. The other hostels are located at the campus but are non-renovated yet are still very good.
The hostels have a block system wherein one block houses about 10-11 students who share a common washroom/bathroom and a common kitchen. There is an availability of 2 and 3 seater rooms.
All rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, central-heating facility, and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation. There are common areas where students can play and mingle. Upon the student’s arrival on campus, specific accommodations are assigned, and after a satisfactory health report.
LVIV National Medical University hostel features 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it. As a campus resident, you also have access to all the LNMU support services such as Campus Security Services, Counselling Services, and Health Services.
|TOTAL IN US$||5600||5600||5600||5600||5600||5600||33600|
|TOTAL IN INR||3,92,000||3,92,000||3,92,000||3,92,000||3,92,000||3,92,000||23,52,000|
US $ 1= ₹70 has been taken as the exchange rate above. Please use the current exchange for the calculation of fees in INR.
- Admission, application and visa charges will be extra.
- Flight tickets at actual rate extra.
- Food expenses per year = Approx. INR 70,000 per year extra.
The eligibility criteria for admission in LVIV National Medical University for an Indian student is as follows:
|Entrance Exam in India||There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc. NEET qualification is a must.|
|Age||The student must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.|
|Board||The candidate must have completed class 12th from a regular and recognized board.|
|Marks in class 12th||The student must have 50% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12th. The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects in 11th and 12th. The board should be a recognized one.|
|NEET||You need to qualify NEET for admission to any MCI recognized medical university in Ukraine. NEET is valid for 3 years from 2018 onwards.|
|Passport||The student must hold a valid passport.|
- At the time of applying for admission letter, it is not necessary to have a passport. Admission letter can be issued if the student has a valid id proof such as Aadhar card. However, for the invitation letter and for the visa, a valid passport is required.
- Admission is not possible in LNMU if the student has not qualified NEET.
Once a student pays his yearly tuition fee and hostel fee to the University he/she is automatically entitled to the following facilities of the University:
• Universities in Ukraine integrate the academic, residential, and co-curricular spheres of student’s life, linking the out of class experience to the academic mission and incorporating student’s intellectual, public service, and leadership interests with student’s future aspirations
• Student, it is very The student-teacher ratio is 14:1 and individual attention is given to each and every unique because nowhere in India we have this kind of facility
• free Ebooks, course materials, and printed lecture notes are given for all subjects. This lecture notes can be used for all exam preparation in India including the screening test and PG entrance exams in all states of India.
• Medical facilities including accident insurance(upon payment of medical insurance).
• Ultra-modern reading rooms, libraries, and laboratories.
• Access to all the training and recreational facilities, parks, museum, etc.
• Access to sports facilities (gym, indoor stadium, football stadium, swimming pools, etc) and cultural complexes.
• Access to bank ATM machines
• Excursions and educational tours in Ukraine and European countries.
• Wise Education Group takes an active part in social life and solves many social issues. Every year they help students to organize various exciting events. The creative contest “fresher’s party” for the first-year students, and many other events. Also, we organize student parties, shows, games, and festivals like Diwali, Eid, Christmas, Holi. Different sports tournaments are organized by us for our students as well, such as cricket, football, tennis, badminton, etc.