Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University
Ternopil National Medical University is a medical university in Ukraine. It was founded on September 1, 1957. It is one of the best medical universities in Ukraine, ranking third among the higher medical schools according to IV (fourth) highest level of accreditation by the Ministry of Health and education of Ukraine.
Table of Contents
|DEGREE AWARDED||M.D. PHYSICIAN (UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM)|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||ENGLISH|
LAST DATE TO APPLY
Ternopil National Medical University is a medical university in Ukraine. It was founded on September 1, 1957. It is one of the best medical universities in Ukraine, ranking third among the higher medical schools according to IV (fourth) highest level of accreditation by the Ministry of Health and education of Ukraine. It is composed of national and international students. The number of foreign students studying currently in school is about 800 from 48 different countries all over the world. Ternopil State Medical University is ranked 13060 out of 20,000 universities in the world by Webometrics World University ranking and ranked at 8854 out of 11,000 universities in the world by 4icu world university ranking.
Before April 2019, the university was known as Ternopil State Medical University, however, the university was granted National level status in April 2019. Today, the university is known as Ternopil National Medical University.
TNMU is MCI and WHO recognized. Ternopil National Medical University is one of the top-ranking medical universities of Ukraine providing high-quality educational medical programs that meet international standards.
The university implements European and American educational standards and integrates it into the international education and research community.
The degree awarded by Ternopil National Medical University is MD (Physician) which is equivalent to MBBS in India. The course duration for MBBS in Ukraine is 5.8 years. TNMU’s degree is recognized by MCI & WHO. The degree is also recognized by the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), US Education Department, and General Council Of Medicine of Great Britain.
The total duration of the course at Ternopil National Medical University is 5.8 years, which is the same as all the other universities teaching MBBS in Ukraine.
The first 3 years are pre-clinical where 20% of the teaching is practical training and the rest is theoretical. After this, the students appear for KROK-1 and upon clearing it, the students move to the 4th year. The final 3 years is the clinical phase where all the classes will be held in different hospitals depending on the subjects being taught to the student at the point of time.
After completing the course, the student needs to clear KROK-2. Once this is done, the student will be awarded an MD Physician degree which is equivalent to MBBS in India. The student can then come back to India and sit for the licensing exam or go for the licensing exam of any other country.
Ternopil National Medical University is recognised by the following:
- The Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Medical Board of California
- Education Ministry of Ukraine
This means that you can appear for the licensing exams in countries such as India, the USA, UK, etc., after graduating from TNMU.
Ternopil National Medical University hostel includes three dormitories. Each dormitory has 206 rooms and a total housing capacity of 508 persons. Each floor of the dormitory has 3 living wings. There are 3 suites, a common room, a kitchen with essential equipment, and a utility room in each wing. The suite contains 2 double occupancy rooms and 2 triple occupancy rooms, a toilet, and a shower.
All rooms are equipped with beds, mattresses, pillow, blanket, desk, chair, central-heating facility, and suitable lighting for both study and relaxation. There are common areas where students can play and mingle. Upon the student’s arrival on campus, specific accommodations are assigned, and after a satisfactory health report.
Ternopil National Medical University hostel features 24-hour access to security and emergency services, making it easy to get assistance when you need it. As a campus resident, you also have access to all the TNMU support services such as Campus Security Services, Counselling Services, and Health Services.
|TOTAL IN US$||4400||4700||4700||4900||4900||5100||28700|
|TOTAL IN INR||3,08,000||3,29,000||3,29,000||3,43,000||3,43,000||3,57,000||20,09,000|
US $ 1= ₹70 has been taken as the exchange rate above. Please use the current exchange for the calculation of fees in INR.
- Admission, application and visa charges will be extra.
- Flight tickets at actual rate extra.
- Food expenses per year = Approx. INR 70,000 per year extra.
The eligibility criteria for admission in Ternopil State Medical University for an Indian student is as follows:
|Entrance Exam in India||There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc. NEET qualification is a must.|
|Age||The student must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.|
|Board||The candidate must have completed class 12th from a regular and recognized board.|
|Marks in class 12th||The student must have 50% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 12th. The student must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects in 11th and 12th. The board should be a recognized one.|
|NEET||You need to qualify NEET for admission to any MCI recognized medical university in Ukraine. NEET is valid for 3 years from 2018 onwards.|
|Passport||The student must hold a valid passport.|
- At the time of applying for admission letter, it is not necessary to have a passport. Admission letter can be issued if the student has a valid id proof such as Aadhar card. However, for the invitation letter and for the visa, a valid passport is required.
- Admission is not possible in TNMU if the student has not qualified NEET.
Once a student pays his yearly tuition fee and hostel fee to the University he/she is automatically entitled to the following facilities of the University:
• Universities in Ukraine integrate the academic, residential, and co-curricular spheres of student’s life, linking the out of class experience to the academic mission and incorporating student’s intellectual, public service, and leadership interests with student’s future aspirations
• Student, it is very The student-teacher ratio is 14:1 and individual attention is given to each and every unique because nowhere in India we have this kind of facility
• free Ebooks, course materials, and printed lecture notes are given for all subjects. This lecture notes can be used for all exam preparation in India including the screening test and PG entrance exams in all states of India.
• Medical facilities including accident insurance(upon payment of medical insurance).
• Ultra-modern reading rooms, libraries, and laboratories.
• Access to all the training and recreational facilities, parks, museum, etc.
• Access to sports facilities (gym, indoor stadium, football stadium, swimming pools, etc) and cultural complexes.
• Access to bank ATM machines
• Excursions and educational tours in Ukraine and European countries.
• Wise Education Group takes an active part in social life and solves many social issues. Every year they help students to organize various exciting events. The creative contest “fresher’s party” for the first-year students, and many other events. Also, we organize student parties, shows, games, and festivals like Diwali, Eid, Christmas, Holi. Different sports tournaments are organized by us for our students as well, such as cricket, football, tennis, badminton, etc.